Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

1st Review! - ChocoMallows!


Whoo hoo!  I'm finally posting my first review.  Whew!  Glad to have one done.  Of course it would be on a food item!  Ha!

What are  ChocoMallows?  Good question.  It is the newest flavored gourmet marshmallow from CaffeMallows that packs a real punch!  This soft, melt in your mouth chocolate marshmallow is loaded with 200 mg of caffeine - about the same as 2 cups of coffee. No time to make coffee in the morning? Don't have a travel cup?  Just pop one of these in your mouth and you'll perk right up.  How does it taste?  I was fortunate enough to be a winner in a sample contest on their FaceBook page.  They notified me I had won a sample and in less than two weeks I had a ChocoMallows.  Out of the package it looks like a brownie with that shiny crust layer on the top and bottom with a dusting of cinnamon.  Biting into it it has a dense but soft texture while the cocoa nibs in it give your teeth something to grip.  As for the taste, let me first say that I am not a fan of dark chocolate.  I did not know that this was going to be more of a dark chocolate product as opposed to a milk or creamy chocolate one.  For some reason I figured it would be because of the "marshmallow" part of it.  Come to find out, ChocoMallows are made with Royal mahagony cocoa.  This will excite serious chocolate connoisseurs.  So I must be honest and say I do not care for the flavor as it is a tad bitter and strong as dark chocolate should be.  Now my friends that love dark chocolate that have also tried these absolutely LOVE them.  I would not hesitate to recommend these.  I did eat the whole thing and quickly felt the results of the caffeine.  It was a nice boost.  They also come in other flavors - Java, Mocha, Coffee and TeaMallows.  I think I would really like the TeaMallows, and if they make a MilkChocoMallow, a regular Mallow or a WhiteChocoMallow, I'll be first in line.  Any of their flavors would make a unique gift and the labels can be personalized.  Check out their website for more details - http://www.caffex.com.  These are my pictures below and cannot be reproduced without my permission.



This is my blog and I am in no way compensated (darn!) for my review.  I received this sample and the company doesn't even know I have a blog.  I will let them know in case they want to check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review even though dark chocolate is not your favorite. We are working on new flavors... keep up with us on Facebook to be in the know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, June! I'll be watching. If you need me to try any other flavors, I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete